NYS is excited to announce our partnership with the Big Friends Little Friends mentoring program, a program of Family Services of the Merrimac Valley. NYS will work as a resource and referral agency connecting both children, families and adults to Big Friends Little Friends (BFLF) in an effort to increase the number of young people beneffiting from mentors in our community.
To learn more, visit the Big Friends Little Friends website: Frequently Asked Questions or to apply to be a mentor or find a mentor, click the links below!
Become a Big (Be a Mentor)
Click here to find out more about how you can get involved and make a difference in a child’s life.
BIG FRIENDS ARE CARING AND RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE WHO:
- Are from all different backgrounds, races and religions, and like to have fun.
- Are committed to being a consistent role-model; to their continued mentor training; and to sharing, listening and visiting with their Little Friend.
- Are able to relate positively and in a meaningful manner to a growing boy or girl.
Become a Little (Find a Mentor)
Click here to find out about getting a caring and committed adult mentor.
Little Friends are boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 14 who:
- Reside in our service area.
- Have a desire to be in the program and want to have a Big Friend.
- Have the approval and support of their parents or guardians to participate in the program.
- Are from all different backgrounds, races and religions.
Our CORE Services
Recreation Programs year round from Birth- 18 and Families! Visit our online registration page for updates and information (including the latest brochure).
NYS is committed to empowering our young people. The Newburyport Youth Council is a youth-led community engagement committee for grades 7-12. Learn more about the Youth Council.
Newburyport Youth Services has chosen to develop its recreation, prevention and empowerment programming around the Positive Youth Development approach. Learn more about the 40 Assets and our “I Supoort YA” campaign.
NYS provides support to children and families in a number of ways. From the Parent Speaker Series to crisis intervention, programs to mentoring. Learn more about all that we offer!
NYS is committed to working with partners in the community to foster healthy youth development throughout the city! We are also passionate about enagaging young people in their own community.